Over the past day militants shelled Ukrainian positions 39 times
In order to preserve their positions, Ukrainian fighters fired six times in response.
Pro-Russian militants continue provocations in the ATO area using weapons caliber over 80 mm which were banned by Minsk Agreement. Over the past day gunmen opened fire 39 times on the positions of the Ukrainian military, reported ATO HQ press service.
"Over the past days the militants 39 times fired on the positions of Ukrainian Donbas defenders, using mortars caliber 120-mm and 82-mm, armed BMP, manual and automatic grenade launchers, machine guns and large-caliber small arms," - said in the message.
It is noted that the hottest point was Avdiyivka, where militants fired eight times in a row on Ukrainian military using mortars caliber 120-mm, grenade launchers of various systems, heavy machine guns. In this area, in order to preserve their positions, Ukrainian fighters fired six times in response.
Also militants fired six times on ATO strongholds at Mariupol direction. In particular, near Maryinka, Krasnogorovka and Vodiyane they used grenade launchers and small arms.
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas