OSCE verificates diversion of arms of Ukrainian and militants' sides
Despite weapons withdrawal operation has been launched some heavy arms still remain in the security zone of Donbas
Representatives of OSCE started verification of the alleged diversion of arms by the both sides: Ukrainian Armed Forces and Russian-backed militants in Luhansk, as stated Deputy Chief Monitor of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) to Ukraine Alexander Hug, UNN.
"Now we have begun the first part of a two-phased process of weapons withdrawal. Both sides, Luhansk People’s Republic (LPR) and Ukrainian Armed Forces, have given us basic information about the diversion. We have been monitoring the process, when two sides take away their tanks. SMM witnessed diversion of 30 battle tanks of the three areas on three routes in two storage sites in LPR. October 7, SMM observed the withdrawal of 15 tanks in the storage of the Ukrainian forces. Currently we are in the process of verification whether previously declared tanks are taken and whether they are in storage or not," he said.
"Some heavy weapons still remain in the security zone. We must understand that the removal of arms is a complex process and it is too early to make the clear and definitive conclusions and assessment on the arms withdrawal," highlighted Alexander Hug.
Recalling, October 5 a 41-day operation of weapons removal has been launched. Tanks T-64 and T-72, antitank gun D-48 and D-44, 85 mm mortars and 2B-82 of 9-millimeter caliber are to be pulled back from the contact line of the eastern Ukraine. The arms withdrawal will be launched in turn: first the sector "A", and then the other sectors (from east to west). 14 days are given for the removal of certain armament and armored vehicles from sector "A".
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars