OSCE: Ukrainian side and militants violate weapons withdrawal operation
The monitors also report on numerous obstacles while carrying the observation mission
OSCE Special Minitoring Mission reports that both Ukrainian side and Russian-backed violations commit violations of weapons withdrawal operation. It was stated by Alexander Hug, Deputy Chief Monitor of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine, during the briefing.
In particular, the violations were observed in militants-controlled Solntseve (self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic). OSCE drones discovered eight new tanks there. The same situation is observed in Pervomaisk.
"The constant presence of weapons, for training or other purposes, definitely, creates tension," said Alexander Hug. According to him, OSCE observers "have got an access to the sites of withdrawal in Luhansk People's Republic, but those weapons which were announced as withdrawn, have disappeared now".
Deputy Chief Monitor highlighted that the monitors still suffer from restrictions on the freedom of movement. "In some cases, the Luhansk Preople's Republic representatives denied us in access to the places in which we had to go. This is a violation Minsk agreements and the mandate of our mission. Also, October 17-18, in village Zayichenko our drones were jammed," stated Hug.
Currently, 591 OSCE observers work in Ukraine.
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:36OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars