Firing of heavy weapons was registered yesterday near Donetsk
The OSCE SMM couldn’t establish the origin of provocation
Observers of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) have not been able to determine where the yesterday's firing at settlement Vesele near Donetsk was carried from. OSCE in its report, published on October 11, stated with reference to "DPR" that one militant was killed and another two wounded.
On their way to Vesele, the mission observers saw an apartment block on fire in Donetsk. The OSCE officers have recorded an unidentified shell targeting the north-western side of the building. There is no information about casualties, according to the statement.
Oleksandr Zavtonov, press officer of the ATO Staff (Sector B) said that the accident might be caused by the militants’ internal conflicts. "According to our information, in Donetsk, the confrontation between different militant groups takes place. Particularly heavy fighting was occurred during past three days. Maybe, illegal armed groups decided to blame the Ukrainian side to hide the internal conflict", stated Zavtonov.
Earlier, the Armed Forces of Ukraine and representatives of "LPR" provided to the OSCE SMM a detailed schedule of withdrawal of artillery caliber of less than 100 millimeters in Luhansk region, stated in the report of the Mission, published yesterday, October 10.
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day 23 October, 22:03
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas