OSCE: Situation in Donbas getting worse
Observers report use of weapons on both sides of the line of contact
OSCE Special Monitoring Mission continues to report numerous ceasefire violations in Donetsk region, it is said in the report published on April 20.
The use of mortars has reached a new level: in the period from 11 till 17 April, 970 explisions have been reported. Military activity is focused around three hot spots: between Avdiivka and Yasynovata; near Donetsk airport; to the north-west from Horlivka; to the south-east from Svitlodarsk.
OSCE note that more and more weapons are missing from withdrawal points. OSCE SMM constantly observe the use of weapons (often in residential districts) on both sides of the line of contact.
Moreover, movement of OSCE observers is being further limited. Serious accidents have occurred recently: on April 7, a bullet hit a spot next to SMM car near Snizhne. Several hours after this incident, SMM observers were threatened with weapons in Smile village. On April 9, SMM patrol appeared under shelling in Zhovanka.
Earlier, OSCE special representative Martin Sajdik stated, that the number of shelling in Donbas has increased significantly – up to 4,7 thousand annually. He also added that ceasefire is being violated by both sides of conflict.
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain