OSCE Secretary General visited Ukrainian hostility zone
Lamberto Zannier stated that demining operations in Donbas will be launched soon to people could come back to their homes
Lamberto Zannier, Secretary General of OSCE attended a briefing in Mariupol, Donetsk region, ahead of the field visit. He also met with Mariupol Mayor Yuriy Khotlubey, as stated OSCE Special Monitoring Mission in its Twitter.
Mr. Zannier highlighted that conditions need to be created for people to come home, and the SMM facilitated reconnection of water and gas. OSCE is involved in many areas in Ukraine, including supporting national dialogue. “We are looking at overcoming obstacles, including freedom of movement issues for monitors and challenges for UAV (unmanned aerial vehicles) operations,” said OSCE Secretary General. He also stated that the demining operations in Donbas areas will be launched, so the people can come home to their villages in Luhansk and Donetsk regions.
SMM Chief Monitor Apakan this morning greeted the children in a Mariupol district struck by missile attack in mid-January. The OSCE monitors also observed the line of contact near Shyrokyne, Donetsk region.
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement 23 October, 19:40
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case