OSCE Registers Ceasefire Violations in Relevantly Calm Regions in Donbas
OSCE mission is concerned about the local frequency and density of shelling
OSCE mission is concerned about the local frequency and density of shelling, registered by the monitors in Donbas in those regions which used to be relatively calm, as reported by Deputy Chief Monitor of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) to Ukraine, Alexander Hug.
Another bad week in Donbas – violence spreads like a bushfire, and no new hotspots are emerging. Yasynuvata-Avdiivka, Donetsk airport, Debaltseve-Svitlodarsk road remain major flash-points in Eastern Ukraine. This week we saw many ceasefire violations on previously relatively calm territories. Monitors heard 60 explosions in Berezovo, South-West from Donetsk, on Wednesday, June 15, and 280 explosions in Horlivka on Sunday, June 12. Our monitors did register outbreaks of violence, but what is notable now is the frequency and intensity of outbreaks of violence,” – emphasized Hug.
According to Hug, apparently this aggravation of the situation followed mutual repositioning by the parties of conflict. “We can’t say what leads to local escalations, but we know that this is much more likely when positions of the parties are located closely to each other. Now they are 300 meters away from each other.”
As previously reported, militants fired on ATO positions. One Ukrainian serviceman shot dead.
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars