OSCE recorded unremoved heavy-caliber artillery and tanks in Donetsk region
In militants-controlled areas of Donetsk region near the withdrawal lines OSCE observed the presence of tanks and a howitzer
The OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (the SMM) reported about the presence of tanks and heavy-caliber artillery on the territory controlled by militants of the so-called Donetsk People's Republic which is not corresponding with the respective withdrawal lines.
“In violation of the respective withdrawal lines, the SMM saw two main battle tanks (MBTs – T-72) in the area of DPR-controlled Yasynuvata: an MBT in the area of DPR-controlled Donetsk airport two MBTs in the area of DPR-controlled Bezimenne and a 122mm self-propelled howitzer (2S1 Gvozdika) in the area of DPR-controlled Petrivske,” said in the report.
In addition, in the areas beyond the respective withdrawal lines, on the territory of the so-called Luhansk People's Republic (LPR), the OSCE SMM observed 12 self-propelled howitzers (2S1), 24 MBTs (T-64s), and 21 MBTs (both T-64s and T-72s) at LPR training grounds close to the LPR-controlled towns of Uspenka, Myrne and Kruhlyk, Luhansk region.
Also, in the area of government-controlled Pervomaiske the SMM unmanned aerial vehicles spotted one main battle tank.
October 5, a 41-day operation of weapons removal has been launched. Tanks T-64 and T-72, antitank gun D-48 and D-44, 85 mm mortars and 2B-82 of 9-millimeter caliber are to be pulled back from the contact line of the eastern Ukraine. The arms withdrawal will be launched in turn: first the sector "A", and then the other sectors (from east to west). 14 days are given for the removal of certain armament and armored vehicles from sector "A".
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels