OSCE ousted its employee for drunken behavior in Severodonetsk
Earlier, ex-head of Luhansk civil military administration claimed that OSCE monitors do not go to militants-controlled territories and constantly drink alcohol
After the incident of misbehavior of one observer in Severodonetsk, Luhansk region, last week the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine took immediate action and on the same day suspended the employee, stated OSCE SMMU via Facebook.
"The SMM took the action as the said monitor's conduct, apparently involving alcohol, was a clear violation of the OSCE Code of Conduct. Unprofessional behaviour and violations of the code and the principle of impartiality cannot and will not be allowed under any circumstance," said in a statement.
The details of the incident press-service of Special Monitoring Mission did not reveal.
Earlier, former head of Luhansk civil-military administration Hennadiy Moskal claimed that the OSCE observers "did not want" to go to the territory controlled by the pro-Russian militants. In his interview to Radio Liberty on June 2015, Moskal told that OSCE monitors "constantly sit at hotel's restaurant, from morning till night drinking beer and whisky".
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels