OSCE observes Luhansk militants removing their tanks
30 main battle tanks are already removed from the areas
"The “Luhansk People’s Republic” (“LPR”) notified the SMM [Special Monitoring Mission] in writing of the completion of withdrawal of 30 MBTs in accordance with the Addendum (The SMM monitored the process of its withdrawal)," according to the latest OSCE report.
On 4 October, in “Lugansk People’s Republic” (LPR)-controlled areas in Luhansk region, the SMM monitored the process of withdrawal of tanks in accordance with the Addendum to the Package of measures. The SMM observed the removal of 30 main battle tanks (MBTs, T-64 and T-72) from three areas, along three routes, to two storage sites, as previously announced to the SMM.
Dmytro Tymchuk, coordinator of Information Resistance, stated this morning that withdrawal of arms is carried out by Luhansk militants not to the fullest extent, they rather ostensibly mirror the adherence to Minsk agreements. At each site in the areas of Shchastia, Stanytsia Luhanska, Vesela Hora, Slovianoserbsk and Zholobok settlements the removal of groups of some 3-5 tanks is observed, while 10-15 tanks remain in these same areas, the equipment is masked (mostly in wood lines).
According to the information published at the end of August, Ukraine has 1,400 armored personnel carriers and 360 tanks in the conflict zone.
Recalling, October 5, a 41-day operation of weapons removal has been launched. Tanks T-64 and T-72, antitank gun D-48 and D-44, 85 mm mortars and 2B-82 of 9-millimeter caliber are to be pulled back from the contact line of the eastern Ukraine. The arms withdrawal will be launched in turn: first the sector "A" (Luhansk region), and then the other sectors (from east to west). 14 days are given for the removal of certain armament and armored vehicles from sector "A".
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement 23 October, 19:40
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case