OSCE: Militants threatening OSCE observers must be held accountable
Steinmeier stated, that safety of the Mission must be provided by both sides of the conflict
OSCE expressed deep concern about the increase of the number of incidents involving observers of the Special Monitoring Mission, stated Chair of OSCE and Foreign Minister of Germany Frank-Walter Steinmeier, reports press service of the organization.
Steinmeier emphasized, that OSCE Mission in Donbas is meant to streamline implementation of ceasefire, thus, safety of the observers must be provided by both sides of the conflict.
“SMM is a civilian and unarmed mission. It plays a key role for implementation of ceasefire. Safety of the Mission must be ensured by both sides. People, responsible for threatening the observers must be held accountable”, - Steinmeier stated.
Earlier, President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko stated, that he expects that OSCE police mission will soon operate in Donbas. Moreover, Poroshenko emphasized, that the Russian Federation approves presence of armed OSCE mission in eastern Ukraine.
Poroshenko noted, that the Mission will ensure security and provide all necessary conditions for hosting local election in occupied areas of Donbas.
Earlier, Deputy Head of OSCE Special Monitoring Mission in Ukraine Alexander Hug stated, that police mission in Donbas is possible, in case all 57 OSCE member states support the initiative.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain