OSCE considers broadening area of surveillance at Ukraine-Russia border
New Head of OSCE SMM in Donbas Flavien Schaller said this while meeting governor of Rostov region
“OSCE intends to turn to the Russian Foreign Ministry, with the request to increase the area of presence of the OSCE observers at the Ukraine-Russia border”, Schaller said during his meeting with governor of Rostov region Vadim Artemov. However, the Head of OSCE SMM never specified how much it wants to broaden the area and when respective appeal will be filed at the Russian foreign ministry.
Flavien Schaller was appointed Chief Observer of the OSCE on May 1. Prior to his appointment as Chief Observer of the OSCE Observer Mission, Schaller held a number of positions as a career officer in the Swiss Army. He has a varied experience, with posts as Commander of a Command and Support battalion, as Chief of staff of the 2nd Infantry Brigade and as a member of the operational training staff.
OSCE SMM’s monitors currently work at two checkpoints – Gukovo (Ukraine) and Donetsk (Russia). The Organization decided to send its observers to the Ukraine-Russia border back in July 2014. The mission includes 21 members from various countries.
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
Donbas: 122 mm artillery shells Shyrokyne 10 October, 08:35
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee