OSCE concerned about increasing number of ceasefire violations in Donbas
The head of OSCE SMM to Ukraine urged the parties to abide by their obligations under the Minsk Agreements
The Chief Monitor of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine Ertugrul Apakan expressed regret for the recent increase in the number and the gravity of ceasefire violations in eastern Ukraine, the press service of the mission reported.
“I am particularly concerned by the use of heavy weapons in Staromykhailivka, Krasnohorivka and the Kuibyshevskyi district of Donetsk city,” the Chief Monitor said.
Ertugrul Apakan recalled the clear commitments to the ceasefire made by the sides in the Minsk Protocol and Memorandum of September 2014 and the Package of Implementation Measures of February 2015 and urged the sides to honour their commitments under the accords reached.
“SMM monitors have observed and reported two months of relative calm, and tentative steps by people in some areas towards rebuilding their lives and communities. We urge all sides not to turn back the clock on these positive developments and to honour their commitments and work towards a durable peace,” Apakan said.
It is said that since the beginning of November SMM monitors have reported that the level of violence has increased, especially near the remains of Donetsk airport.
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
Minsk talks parties to discuss disengaging of forces in Donbas 5 October, 07:45
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars