OSCE: 30% of withdrawn weapons in Donbas disappeared
According to OSCE, February was the worst month in ATO area beginning with September 2015
OSCE Special Monitoring Mission reported disappearance of 30% of withdrawn weapons from storages, informed Deputy Head of the Mission Alexander Hug during a briefing.
Hug reminded that OSCE are monitoring the withdrawal of weapons from the line of contact. “We see that both sides have withdrawn their weapons and placed them in storages. However, we also observed that the weapons are disappearing from these storages. Weapons from both sides of the conflict. About 30% of the weapons have already disappeared. We’ve noticed that heavy weaponry starts to turn up in places where it’s not supposed to be”, - Hug said. He also mentioned that Grad were noticed in Debaltseve and Ivanovka.
Beginning with mid-January the situation in ATO area has been getting worse. According to OSCE observations, February was the tensest month, beginning with September last year. The majority of violations are reported near Donetsk.
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case