Ombudsman recorded the glaring poorness of life of soldiers defending Mariupol
The military servants do not want to be re-enlist due to the low level of ensurement
Representatives of the Ombudsman during their visit to the two strong points of the second line of defense, located in the adjacent areas of Mariupol, Donetsk region, where soldiers of the National Guard serve, identified a number of glaring deficiencies, it is reported on the Ombudsman’s website.
For example, one of the places of living was provided with bottled water just before the arrival of the monitoring group of the Ombudsman’s Secretariat. Prior to that, according to the military, cooking and sanitary issues were carried out with the help of industrial water, including from nearby reservoirs and water purchased at soldiers’ own expense.
The quality of food, especially vegetables, supplied to these strong points, was quite low. Bread was carried out once a week, because of that the soldiers consumed stale bread. Therefore, soldiers were forced to buy more products in the nearest town at their own expense.
Winter clothing of the National Guard servants overwhelmingly has abandoned and worn look. Soldiers buy the individual garments by their own (rubber boots, warm underwear, and shoes).
As the result of the monitoring visit, respond relevant acts of Ukrainian Parliament Commissioner for Human Rights are to be prepared.
The press office of the Ombudsman reported that, although the facts of untimely payment of wages were not established, but because of the low level of it mobilized troops are not motivated to conclude contracts for further military service.
"The average size of all allowances and bonuses at military front line is 6,000-7,000 UAH, while a policeman, who serves as the regional center, receives 8,000-10,000 UAH", the report says.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case