NYT: Trump can’t guarantee safety to NATO member countries, if elected U.S. President
U.S. Presidential Candidate from the Republicans says Washington will only help the countries that ‘fulfill their commitments before the USA’
In his interview with the New York Times, Donald Trump claimed that in case of his election, the White House cannot guarantee security of all NATO member countries. ‘We have many NATO members that aren’t paying their bills. ou can’t forget the bills. They have an obligation to make payments. Many NATO nations are not making payments, are not making what they’re supposed to make. That’s a big thing. Have they fulfilled their obligations to us? If they fulfill their obligations to us, the answer is yes. I’m saying, right now there are many countries that have not fulfilled their obligations to us’, he said.
The politician added he’d love to cut expenses on military assistance to the U.S. allies, which has cost the country a lot for the last several years. According to Trump, in case of his election, the U.S. will not try interfering other state’s affairs and will pay more attention to domestic problems instead.
Read the full article here: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/22/us/politics/donald-trump-foreign-policy-interview.html?rref=collection%2Ftimestopic%2FTrump%2C%20Donald%20J.&action=click&contentCollection=timestopics®ion=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=4&pgtype=collection&_r=0
The U.S. presidential election is slated for November 8, 2016. The Republican Donald Trump will stand against Hillary Clinton, who is yet to be announced the official candidate from the Democrats.
NATO Secretary General: Those responsible for MH17 tragedy should be punished 29 September, 08:44
Russia bombers fly near Iceland passenger airliner 27 September, 09:47
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
Sweden: Russia aggravates situation in the region 11 October, 12:38
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars