Number of Ukrainian IDPs exceeded 978 thousand people
More than 162 thousand of them are children
From temporarily occupied territories and areas of the antiterrorist operation 978,000 292 persons were relocated to other regions across the country, according to the latest report of State Emergency Service of Ukraine.
In particular, 956 thousand 920 people were resettled from Donetsk and Luhansk regions, and 21 thousand 372 persons came from the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol. 162 thousand 24 of them are children and 481 thousand 752 disabled and the elderly.
Most of the IDPs are hosted in Luhansk region - 234 thousand 580 people (18 thousand 27 of them are children and 183 thousand 780 are disabled and elderly people), Kharkiv - 200 thousand 402 persons, and Donetsk – 111 thousand 103 people.
The least amount of IDPs dispersed in Ternopil (2 thousand 707 people, including 693 children and 855 disabled and elderly), Chernivtsi (2 thousand 746 people) and Ivano-Frankivsk (3 thousand 690 people) regions.
As was previously reported by Commissioner for Human Rights of the Council of Europe Nils Muižnieks, at least 8,050 people, the majority of them civilians, have lost their lives in the conflict since April 2014. At least 17,811 persons were injured as a result of hostilities, including at least 186 children. It is also estimated that 5 million people affected by the conflict are in need of assistance.
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case