Normandy talk between state leaders of Germany, France, and Ukraine
They spoke on Donbas elections, control over Ukrainian state border, and taking back heavy weapons
Angela Merkel, François Hollande, and Petro Poroshenko discussed implementation of the Minsk agreements and results of the last meeting of the Trilateral contact group and its four working groups, which took place on September 8 in Minsk, according to the statement of the president's press service.
The parties noted significant progress towards a ceasefire and stressed the need of signing the document on the removal of heavy weaponry from the contact line. President of Ukraine also stressed the need for the withdrawal of all the foreign troops from the occupied territories and the restoration of full control over the state border of Ukraine.
The leaders of Ukraine, Germany and France agreed that the pseudo-elections in some parts of Donetsk and Luhansk regions will breach Minsk agreements and jeopardize the whole process of further political development. Poroshenko called for the immediate release of all Ukrainian hostages, including those who are illegally detained in Russian prisons, Oleh Sentsov, Olekandr Kolchenko, Nadia Savchenko, and many others.
Further peace talks in Normandy format, a meeting of foreign ministers will take place in Berlin, September 12 and the Paris Summit is scheduled for October.
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case