Ukrainian peace talks are taking place in Paris
Hollande, Merkel, Poroshenko, and Putin to discuss ceasefire in Donbas
The meeting of the Normandy Quartet to take place today in Paris. Parties will discuss ceasefire in the war-torn east of Ukraine and pulling out small-caliber weapons from the contact line. In addition to the multilateral talks, Putin will hold separate meetings with President Hollande and Chancellor Merkel. During the latest day, peace process in Ukraine was internationally owershadowed by Russian activity in Syria, this also is to become a subject of discussion in Paris.
In yesterday's phone talk between Merkel, Hollande, and Ukrainian President Poroshenko, the interlocutors praised the conclusion of the agreement on the withdrawal of tanks, artillery of caliber less than 100 mm and mortar launchers of caliber up to 120 mm, as stated by the press office of the Ukrainian President.
As was previously reported, timing of the ceasefire in the eastern Ukraine, two days after which small-caliber weapons with less than 100mm, has started 00:00 October 1. September 29, the Trilateral Contact Group in Minsk signed an agreement on withdrawal guns with caliber less than 100 mm from the line of contact. The document was signed by special representative of OSCE Martin Sajdik, Ukrainain ex-president Leonid Kuchma, and Russian diplomat Azamat Kulmuhametov. Yesterday, the self-proclaimed leaders of "Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics", Oleksandr Zakharchenko and Ihor Plotnytsky, also signed an agreement on the weapons withdrawal.
Negotiations in Normandy format resumed 20 October, 00:47
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars