European leaders agreed on weapons withdrawal in East Ukraine
October 3 weaponry less than 100 mm caliber to be pull out from the contact line from both sides
The agreement on withdrawal of armament less than 100 mm caliber from the contact line in Donbas comes into force October 3, the president of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko announced after the meeting in the "Norman format" in Paris on Friday, October 2.
"The main result of this meeting was a few decisions of key importance.The first solution - we begin to pull out light weaponsstartingon the next day. We have clearly discussed the procedure," Poroshenko said.
Later, Russian presidential spokesperson Dmitriy Peskov claimed that in Donbas the removal of weaponry less than 100mm caliber to start at midnight of Saturday, October 3.
In turn, in the self-proclaimed Luhansk People's Republic (LPR) stated that the withdrawal of armament in Donbas will begin on Saturday morning, whereas Donetsk People`s Republic (DPR) reported they will begin the removal of weapons next to LPR.
In case of further compliance with the truce by militants, forces of Anti-Terrorist Operation (ATO)may start the removal of equipment and weapons caliber of less than 100 mm from the boundary line at the earliest possible time, ATO press center reported.
October 2, peace talks on Ukraine conflict were held in Paris. “Norman Quartet” - Merkel, Hollande, Poroshenko, and Putin discussed ceasefire and armament withdrawal in Donbas.
On September 29, Trilateral contact group in Minsk signed an agreement on withdrawal of small-caliber weapons from the contact line with Russia-backed militants in Donbas. Later, ATO spokesperson Andriy Lysenko announced the arms removal to start in Luhansk region.
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars