Non-battle losses in Donbas total more than 1000 soldiers, - Military Prosecutor
Battle casualties of the Ukrainian army make 2 269 people
About a thousand people who died in the combat area in Donbas are the non-battle casualties. Ukraine’s Chief Military Prosecutor Anatoliy Matios reported this on January 29.
“As for non-battle losses, including those killed and wounded, we lost more than a thousand people. The causes are the following: blue on blue fire, mishandling weapons, injuries that caused death, car accidents and alleged heart diseases”, he said.
The Chief Military Prosecutor remembered a story when a drunk serviceman threw a grenade into a cast-iron stove. The explosion killed 30 people.
On January 29 in Kyiv, President Petro Poroshenko said that since the beginning of the Donbas conflict, battle casualties of the Ukrainian army made 2.269 people. Previously, in November 2015, the General Staff of the Armed Forces reported that the army’s non-battle casualties amounted 831 people.
Also, freezing injuries, diseases and suicides are among the reasons of deaths of non-battle casualties, ATO press officer Oleksiy Dmytrashkivsky said.
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars