No disengagement in Stanytsya Luhanska in the near future, - Poltorak
Minister says there will be no disengagement, because it should be preceded by a week without shelling, and the latest attack reported was 5 days ago
Such situation was created in the result of the militants’ shelling. The last shelling reported took place on October 6, i.e. 5 days ago.
Besides, OSCE mission should enhance monitoring the regions, believes Poltorak.
“What is disturbing, the risks that we see in the region of Stanytsya Luhanska, is about the last shelling on October 6, and this doesn’t allow us to perform the disengagement of the military forces and hardware today. Secondly, we believe OSCE needs to strengthen their disengagement monitoring mission – both ours and that of the terrorist groups,” – said the Minister.
As it was reported earlier, the disengagement in Stanytsia Luhanska was scheduled for October 9, but it failed.
Georgiy Tuka, Deputy Minister for Temporarily Occupied Areas and Internally Displaced People, announced that militants started military disengagement, thought they denied that. Later it became known that OSCE observers were not allowed to the area of disengagement in Stanytsia Luhanska.
According to the most up-to-date information, militants did start partial troop withdrawal from Stanytsya Luhanska.
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas