No agreement on ceasefire and withdrawal of heavy weaponry in Minsk, - correspondent
A briefing of OSCE representative in trilateral contact group, Martin Sajdik, wil be held in a short time
Parties did not manage to reach an agreement on ceasefire and withdrawal of heavy weaponry during a 5-hour negotiation of a trilateral contact group in Minsk, informs “112 Ukraine”, quoting Daria Olifer, press secretary of Ukrainian representative in Trilateral contact group, the second president of Ukraine, Leonid Kuchma.
“There was no breakthrough and there is no agreement on permanent ceasefire and total withdrawal of heavy weapons,” – reports the correspondent.
Olifer claims that this is the key issue for Ukrainian representatives.
“Permanent ceasefire and withdrawal of heavy weaponry remains key condition of a full-fledged solution to humanitarian, economic, political issues, as well as of implementation of Minsk agreements. A separate item for Ukraine is restoring control over Ukrainian-Russian border,” – writes Kuchma’s press secretary.
A briefing of OSCE representative in trilateral contact group, Martin Sajdik, on results of the negotiation will be held soon.
Today a meeting of the contact group involving “DPR” and “LPR” representatives took place in Minsk.
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case