National Guard switches to contract military service
Avakov thinks the National Guard to become more professional
The National Guard is shifting to contract military service. This was announced by the Minister of Internal Affairs Arsen Avakov in his speech during the ceremony dedicated to the anniversary of the National Guard. The ceremony was broadcasted by the 112 Ukraine TV channel.
The shift to the contract system of military service will allow to make the National Guard more professional, considers the Minister.
”I’m sure that during these years the National Guard has proved that it can be relied on. Society has a high opinion on the National Guard soldiers. They have proved that by their heroic acts and deeds. This should further continue. The National Guard should become stronger and better equipped in future. Now we are shifting to the contract military service today. Now we will have professionals in the National Guard. And we are here today to step up in developing our armed forces to provide additional military hardware for our military units,” – said the Minister.
He also stated that 189 national guardians were killed during ATO.
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case