National Guard considers option to prevent illegal amber production in northern Ukraine
Currently, the National Police works on solution of the problem
The National Guard units might get involved in prevention of illegal production of amber in Rivne region, northern Ukraine. The Interior Ministry now considers such option, said the National Guard’s spokeswoman Svitlana Pavlovska.
“Our units are currently not involved in such actions. The operative staff of the National Police is now working there, and so far they can cope with the issue. However, if there is a respective decision, we are ready to act according to our commitments”, Pavovska said.
On March 30, the mass clashes between the police and amber seekers took place in Smitnyk mountain area, Rivne region, northern Ukraine. The policemen tried to prevent the illegal production of amber, facing almost a thousand masked people armed with baseball bats and stones. The protesters blocked the roadways with logs and threw stones at policemen. In return, the law enforcers called in reinforcements with armored vehicles.
The National Police is now taking care of the situation.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars