Mourning rally for victims of Volnovakha tragedy took place in Donetsk region
The regional authorities joined the locals to pay tribute to their perished compatriots
Residents of Donetsk region honored the memory of those killed in the Volnovakha tragedy that took place last year. The press service of the regional police department reported this January 13.
A mourning rally for victims of the tragedy took place at the site where it happened. Dozens of locals, among them relatives of the victims, laid flowers to the site. Deputy Governor Viktor Remskiy and Head of the Donetsk regional police headquarters Vyacheslav Abroskin joined the meeting and expressed their condolences to the victims’ families.
January 13, 2015, pro-Russia mercenaries attacked a Ukrainian outpost near Volnovakha in Donetsk region. They used Grad, Russian-made multiple missile launch system. One of the missiles hit a passenger bus with 30 people aboard. 12 of them died, the rest received injuries of various degrees of severity.
The government immediately defined the Volnovakha tragedy as a terrorist act.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas