Mortar attacks reported near Marynika village in Donbas
Pro-Russia mercenaries attacked the inhabited area 10 times since Monday evening
Militants fired 82 mm mortars at Ukrainian emplacements near Maryinka village in Donetsk region. Due to repeated attacks, Ukrainian servicemen were forced to open return fire several times. Olexandr Kindsfater, spokesman of the ATO press centre, said this on January 27 in a commentary to 112 Ukraine TV channel.
“Militants opened fire 10 times, using small arms, heavy machineguns, automatic grenade launchers and AA guns. Besides, they used 82 mm mortars twice in the area. The last attack on Maryinka took place at 11 p.m. yesterday”, Kindsfater said.
According to him, the reason of the increased activity of the militants is that they perform rotation of their units in the area of Maryinka and Krasnohorivka, both in the vicinity of Donetsk. “By shooting at our positions in that area, they train their newly arrived fighters and determine the location of our positions”, the spokesman added.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain