More than 20 children killed in Donbas last year, 40 injured, - UNICEF
There are more than 215 000 internally displaced children in Ukraine
More than 20 children were killed last year and 40 were injured in Donbas, reported UNIAN, referring to UNICEF press service.
“Donbas conflict has a profound impact on lives of 580 000 children who live on the territories beyond Ukrainian Government control as well as those who leave near the frontline at the East. 200 000 among them need psychological help "- stated UNICEF.
As noted, there are more than 215 000 internally displaced children in Ukraine. At least one of five schools has been destroyed or damaged. Last year more than 20 children were killed and 40 children injured.
"Because of infrastructure damage more than 2 million of people across the lines of conflict may remain without water supply. When the temperature drops sharply, fuel shortages and high prices for coal cause the risk of children respiratory diseases. The lack of access to health care and lack of medicines threaten to increase the number of disease outbreaks, "- said in a statement.
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars