Minsk talks parties to discuss disengaging of forces in Donbas
The Trilateral contact group will hold session today, October 5
The key issues for today’s discussion by Minsk contact group will be ‘saving’ the framework treaty on disengagement of forces in war-torn eastern Ukraine and the ongoing attacks conducted by pro-Russian militants. 112 Ukraine TV channel’s correspondent Valeriy Kalynovsky said this on air on Wednesday morning.
SMM OSCE is constantly monitoring and verifying the process of disengagement on the approved sections for the division of the parties to the conflict in accordance with the framework agreement, singed on September 21 in Minsk. The three sections 2 x 2 square meters were defined to be created near villages of Zolote, Petrivske and Stanitsya Luhanska. The effect of a treaty may be applied to other sections of the battlefront, however they are to be defined during further consultations.
The agreement doesn't work as Russia-backed militants continue to attack Ukrainian positions, using, in particular, mortars and artillery.
As it was reported earlier, a Framework agreement on disengagement of the parties to the conflict was signed in Minsk on September 21. SMM OSCE was supposed to constantly monitor and verify the process of disengagement on the three approved sections for the division of the parties to the conflict in accordance with this agreement. The three sections 2 x 2 square meters were defined to be created near villages of Zolote, Petrivske and Stanitsya Luhanska. The positive effect of a treaty could have been applied to other sections of the battlefront.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars