Minsk talks group to discuss preserving ceasefire in Donbas
11:21, 7 September 2016

Minsk talks group to discuss preserving ceasefire in Donbas

The group’s session will take place today, September 7

11:21, 7 September 2016

The parties to the Minsk group will discuss ways to preserve the ongoing ceasefire regime in the war-torn eastern Ukraine. The subgroups already gathered for their respective sessions, while the main contact group will start working at 1 p.m. Wednesday. Ukraine will be represented by ex-president Leonid Kuchma.

Valeriy Kalynovsky, the reporter for Radio Liberty, said this in the commentary to 112 Ukraine TV channel.  

‘At the Minsk talks, Ukraine will be struggling for the full and comprehensive ceasefire. Kostyantyn Yeliseev, the Deputy Head of the Presidential Adminsitration, said this yesterday’, the correspondent stressed.    

According to him, the security subgroup will continue to consider the issue of three security zones along the division line. Last session witnessed only small progress in this regard.  

The humanitarian subgroup will discuss the issue of hostage release. According to Kalynovsky, Russia-backed militants draw direct connection of this issue with the amnesty for their comrades detained by Ukrainian troops, and with the so-called special status for Donbas.  

The Minsk Trilateral Contact Group agreed that the ceasefire will be set in Donbas since midnight September 1. Since then, the number and intensity of enemy attacks has vastly decreased. For several days, Ukrainian troops didn’t even take any casualties.

Related: Obama: Russia sanctions will continue until Minsk ceasefire implemented

Related: Ukrainian Foreign Ministry: Russia never implemented a single item of the Minsk agreements

Related: French President pointed out the need to implement Minsk agreements

Система Orphus

If you find an error, highlight the desired text and press Ctrl + Enter, to tell about it