Minsk on September 21: releasing hostages to be the main topic, - Tandit
"The main priority, set by the head of SBU, is special events for releasing all our hostages," - Yuriy Tandit, the advisor to the head of the SBU
The main topic of the meeting of the Trilateral contact group in Minsk on September 21 will be releasing of hostages. Yuriy Tandit, the advisor to the head of the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), announced this on air of 112 Ukraine TV channel.
"Now the terms are determined, the terms of seasefire, not set by Minsk agreements. It is very important for us to stop these attacks, because children went to school on September 1, so the security issue is the most important. This is firstly. Secondly, the main topic of the next meeting in Minsk is set. The meeting to take place on September 21 and the topic is hostages release. We are really interested in releasing of all our guys, and we perfectly understand that the Russian Federation is treating this as their support point, which enables them to talk to us from the position of strength. The main priority, which is now designated by the head of the SBU, is holding special events to release our guys," - he said.
According to Yuriy Tandit, it is also very important that the militants confirmed that they have 47 hostages in Donetsk and Luhansk.
"This is very important for us, because only 21 hostage were confirmed late in July. We are ready for release by the formula" all for all ", and we are preparing for the fact that this formula will be implemented. Ukraine has done everything possible to make this release possible in the nearest future,"- he added.
Earlier, during a briefing in Minsk Iryna Herashchenko, President's Humanitarian Envoy at the Minsk peace talks, said that Ukraine is ready for the compromises in the humanitarian block of the Minsk Agreements for the two purposes. First of all, Ukraine wants to liberate all the hostages, and also gives unhindered access for humanitarian international organizations throughout the conflict territories.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain