Minsk negotiators defined 12 areas of Donbas to be cleared of landmines, - Olifer
Press Secretary of Ukraine’s representative says the sides failed to deal on local elections in Donbas
The Trilateral Contact Group held another meeting in Minsk on December 15. The political, security and humanitarian subgroups negotiated on a number of questions, Darya Olifer, Press Secretary of Leonid Kuchma, Ukraine’s representative in the Contact Group, posted at Facebook. According to her, representatives of the so-called DPR and LPR joined the meeting.
The security subgroup defined 12 areas of Donbas that should be cleared of landmines. The humanitarian subgroup announced that at the next Group’s meeting on December 22, a report on the progress in the POW exchange would be released. “The key task of the humanitarian subgroup is to release the hostages, at first, the sick and the wounded. Ukraine hopes for tangible progress in this area at the upcoming meeting”, Darya Olifer posted.
However, she stressed that the sides failed to deal on holding local elections in the occupied territories of Donetsk and Luhansk regions. According to Olifer, constant ceasefire breaches get in the way of holding the elections. “The key condition for possible consensus is full termination of military actions. The same condition remains for successful and full-fledged work of economic and humanitarian subgroups. It’s necessary for the mine clearing, too”, she wrote.
Olifer added that the Ukrainian side expressed its concern about the environmental situation in the war-torn areas of Donbas. According to her, a special expert mission consisting of foreign specialists could be invited to Ukraine to assess the environmental situation in the area.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case