Ministry of Defense reported on successful disengagement
ATO forces moved 1 km to the West
The disengagement of forces and hardware has been held successfully near Petrivske close to the contact line in Donetsk region, according to Ukrainian Defense Ministry spokesman for Anti-Terrorist Operation (ATO) issues Andriy Lysenko, broadcasted by 112 Ukraine TV channel.
"The forces and hardware of Ukrainian and enemy troops were successfully disengaged in the area of Bohdanivka and Petrivske in the Mariupol direction on Friday at 11:00," – he reported. According to Lysenko, the ATO forces withdrew one kilometer to the west and took new positions, prepared earlier.
The next forces and hardware disengagement is planned in Stanitsya Luhanska on October 9.
Residents of Volnovakha, Maryinka and Mariupol held a meeting in Volnovakha, 112 Ukraine TV channel’s correspondent said. Some 200 people were present. They oppose the idea to withdraw Ukrainian forces from Bohdanivka village in Donetsk region, as it may open the road for Russia-backed militants to Volnovakha.
The meeting went calmly and peacefully; in the end, the activists voiced out their demands addressed to President Petro Poroshenko, sang the national anthem and left.
As it was reported earlier, a Framework agreement on disengagement of the parties to the conflict was signed in Minsk on September 21. SMM OSCE was supposed to constantly monitor and verify the process of disengagement on the three approved sections for the division of the parties to the conflict in accordance with this agreement. The three sections 2 x 2 square meters were defined to be created near villages of Zolote, Petrivske and Stanitsya Luhanska. The positive effect of a treaty could have been applied to other sections of the battlefront.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain