Military threat in Ukraine is still very high, - Defense Minister
Stepan Poltorak says military threat remains extremely high in state
Ukraine’s Defense Minister Stepan Poltorak said this in comments to journalists, answering the question on the current level of military threat in the country, Unian reports.
"Since Russian troops crossed the border of Ukraine in 2014 the military threat remains extremely high and therefore we are preparing and doing our best to defend our territorial integrity", Poltorak said, and noted that the state organizes drills to train Ukraine’s officers.
He reported that President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko "will present more than 150 units of military equipment in Chuguev, this equipment will be checked on the drills and then will be moved to Donbas region" on August 23.
"All the armory from the March of Independence will also be given to military units for the staffing”, said Poltorak.
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas