Military Intelligence: Surkov arrived to Donetsk region
Putin’s assistant held conference with leaders of militants in Snizhne town
Ukraine’s military intelligence reported that Vladislav Surkov, aide to Russian President Vladimir Putin, visited Donbas. According to the reconnaissance’s reports, on April 29, Surkov arrived to Snizhne in Donetsk region.
“On April 29, a conference behind closed doors took place. Leaders of the so-called Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) negotiated with the delegation of Russian “sponsors” headed by Surkov and high-ranked Russian officers”, the press service’s message reports.
According to the military intelligence, Russian officials severely criticized actions of “leader” of the self-proclaimed DPR Alexandr Zakharchenko, stressing on his incapability to complete tasks from the Russian political leadership in the Kremlin. These tasks, in particular, include dislodging Ukrainian troops from the outskirts of Avdiivka and managing financial and military assets delivered from Russia.
The military intelligence added that so-called Defense Minister of DPR Vladimir Kononov will soon receive instructions to organize more armed provocations against Ukrainian forces in various areas of Donbas.
According to Ukraine’s Security Service, in February this year, Surkov already visited Donetsk. Back then, Putin’s aide and local militant leaders discussed preparations to local elections.
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case