Military expert: Full-scale offensive in Donbas is unlikely in near future
The ongoing escalation of conflict in eastern Ukraine is due to fine weather and warm temperature
According to military expert Oleg Zhdanov, the current level of combat activity among Russia-backed militants is driven by spring warming in Ukraine. He said this in an interview with 112 Ukraine TV channel.
“This is due to spring weather in the region, as roadways get dry after the spring season of bad roads. They bring to the frontline armored vehicles and many kinds of weaponry, including artillery, especially multiple missile launchers. The vicinities of Donetsk region, as is known, remain the toughest spot in the entire combat zone. The enemy keeps landing artillery strikes on our positions. There’s no compliance with Minsk agreements there – neither in the areas controlled by militants, nor during attacks on positions in government-held area. In fact, the conflict tends to grow, and we’ve just got to hope for an adequate response of the General Staff of Ukraine’s Armed Forces, for their efficiency in strengthening our positions”, the expert said.
According to him, odds are currently there will be no full-scale offensive in the combat area. “Currently, our Armed Forces overpower the enemy, in terms of both manpower and equipment”, Zhdanov said.
Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas 27 October, 09:05
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 27 October, 09:44
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case