Russian proxies continue using wide range of weapons to attack Ukrainian forces in the country’s easternmost regions. According to the anti-terrorist operation press centre, most of the attacks occurred not far from Donetsk and Mariupol, the government-held port city in Donetsk region.
Avdiivka, Opytne, Pisky, Butivka coal mine, Mayorsk, Myronivske and Luhanske went under fire from small arms, heavy machineguns, RPGs and mortars. Near Novozvanivka, Donetsk region, militants opened fire from an AA gun. Ukrainian positions near Stanytsia Luhanska were shot at from infantry fighting vehicles.
A group of ten hostile saboteurs tried to cross the railroad near Mayorsk railway station, Donetsk region. Due to the timely and effective response of Ukrainian troops, the group withdrew.
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
Donbas: 122 mm artillery shells Shyrokyne 10 October, 08:35
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars