Militants violated the truce for 33 times in eastern Ukraine
Ukrainian Intelligence discovered 20 hostile tanks in Donetsk region
ATO press center reports that the situation in eastern Ukraine is quite tense, Russian-backed militants violated the ceasefire for 33 times during last day.
They tried to seep through the Ukrainian defense line on Donetsk direction - Pisky, Opytne, Mariinka, Krasnohorivka. They used grenade launchers, heavy machine guns and small arms. Governmental troops near Nevelske, Kamianka, and Verkhniotoretske were fired with BMP-2, small arms, and anti-aircraft weapons. Novhoroske, Mariinka, and Shyrokine were targeted with not only rocket launchers and small arms, but also with 82-millimeter mortars, which are prohibited by Minsk agreements. The rebels also shelled with 120mm mortars Popasna and Bohuslavske, Luhansk region. "Fortunately there were no human casualties. After a long lull, shells flew into the populated areas," commented Heorhiy Tuka, the head of Luhansk regional administration.
The militants randomly fired Hranitne, Donetsk region, using machine guns and rocket-propelled grenades. As a result of this raining fire the local power substation is blown up and the residents suffer from power outage. The power substation is located on the militants-controlled territory, so the maintenance works should not be carried out.
"While the Ukrainian soldiers continue to follow the Minsk agreements, the militants unilaterally violate them every day. Near the Kalinin mine in Donetsk, our intelligence discovered a column of 20 tanks, terrorists unsuccessfully tried to cover up their four tanks near Marinka," states ATO press center.
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
- UA & EU20:19"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:33"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars