Militants use drills as cover to attack Ukrainian positions, - Turchynov
The official doubts that mercenaries will abide by the new document banning any drills near the division line in Donbas
“There’s a document and respective decision to cease the so-called exercises in the 15-km zone along the division line in eastern Ukraine. The reason is clear, I guess, because normally the aggressor uses these drills as a cover to shoot at our positions. Let’s see how Russians will comply with this agreement. Unfortunately, all the deals that we previously made – the one on the ceasefire, and the one on clearing mines across the combat area – were obnoxiously and cynically neglected by Russian occupation forces”, said the Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council.
He also said that the agreement on marking mine fields aims to cut down the number of civilian casualties in the combat area. “It is necessary, because, sadly, apart from the casualties among the military, there are many civilian victims, caused by landmine explosions. On our side, all mine fields were marked timely, clearly and properly; on the other side, they planted mines chaotically and didn’t mark their mine fields”, Turchynov said.
Earlier this week, at the negotiations in the Belarusian capital, members of the Minsk Contact Group signed two documents, one of them banning any military drills near the division line in Donbas, and another one concerning mine-clearing works in 12 areas along the division line.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars