Militants twice violated ceasefire in Donbas after midnight, - ATO Press Centre
20 attacks were reported overall
Russia-backed mercenaries attacked Ukrainian positions more than 20 times since evening December 22. ATO Press Centre reported this at Facebook.
"Specifically, the bandits attacked our positions from small arms, heavy machineguns and grenade launchers near Luhanske, Mayorsk, Zaitsevo, Lozove and Novhorodske”, the Press Centre’s message goes. In Luhansk region, militants used an automatic grenade launcher to attack Ukrainian positions. Shyrokyne was shot at from small arms.
Positions near Donetsk, Krasnohorivka and to the south of Avdiivka went under fire from small arms, thus militants provoked Ukrainian forces to return fire. Emplacements in Pisky were attacked from heavy machineguns and grenade launchers.
Since midnight, two minor cases of the ceasefire violation were reported. Near Pisky, militants opened unadjusted fire from heavy machineguns, and another sniper attack was reported near Luhanske. A civilian was wounded with a sniper’s bullet near Maryinka, Donetsk region.
“These violations might be the proof of the lack of discipline among militants and mismanagement of enemy troops”, said the ATO Staff.
Under the agreement reached by negotiators of Minsk Trilateral Contact Group on December 22, the full and unconditional ceasefire was set in Donbas. The truce is expected to last throughout the entire winter holidays’ period.
However, Russia-backed militants yesterday made another step to escalate the situation in Donbas. According to Andriy Biletsky, MP and commander of Azov, the National Guard’s regiment, mercenaries captured Kominternovo, a village near Mariupol, large port city held by the government forces. “From 12 to 15 armored vehicles and artillery reserves were brought to Kominternovo. Militants started building fortifications and mining the roads leading to the village. I’m not into any forecasts about an enemy offensive. What we know for sure is that the enemy now has better positions for offensive measures”, said Andriy Biletsky. According to him, militants have at their disposal small arms and grenade launchers, infantry fighting vehicles, probably tanks and other heavy armored vehicles, banned by Minsk agreements.
40 attacks reported in Eastern Ukraine, - ATO HQ 6 October, 10:30
Russia-backed militants strike again in Mariupol region 13 October, 11:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain