Militants tried to storm the Armed Forces stronghold, - ATO HQ
Illegal formations continue using sniper's fire and heavy artillery
Militants of illegal armed formations tried to storm the position of one of the ATO strongholds near Nizhnieteple in Lugansk region using small arms, reported the press center of the ATO headquarters on Facebook.
"Thanks to the coordinated actions and instant reaction of Armed Forces of Ukraine members, who immediately returned fire, the enemy's plans were thwarted," - noted in the press center.
Earlier we reported that militants shelled Ukrainian positions 39 times
In general, in the Eastern Ukraine 16 attacks on the Armed Forces of Ukraine positions using cannon artillery of 122 mm caliber were registered over the day.
"At the Mariupol direction near Maryinka, the enemy sniper fired on our position”, - reported ATO HQ. Ukrainian military opened fire in response.
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain