19:39 20.10.2016 Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
Militants treacherously wounded, killed, and captured Ukrainian soldiers
Government forces faced at least five human casualties near Myronivsky checkpoint, Donetsk region
Subversive group of militants attacked the government-controlled Myronivsky checkpoint near Debaltsevo, Donetsk region. 30th Brigade of Ukrainian Armed forces suffered losses, the exact number of the human casualties is unknown, as states journalist of Inter channel Roman Bochkala, who is currently on the ground.
"Two dead, one seriously wounded, two fell into captivity... We are working to define their location. Unpleasant true: the opponent came close to our positions. The combat was so contact, that the fighters used hand grenades. The opponent side had launched Special Forces. Our group had caught a "Russo-touristo". They had put a barrier when living. One more battle took place again," according to the journalist Roman Bochala.
The overall situation in Donbas remains stable, as states ATO press center. Some chaotic shelling take place though. “Russian-backed militants keep on chaotic attacks, trying to involve our troops in an armed provocation and blame them in violating the Minsk agreements. Our soldiers do not play these games and strictly follow the peace contract,” as stated the ATO spokesman Anatoliy Stelmakh.
One Ukrainian soldier was wounded as a result of landmine explosion in Krymske, Luhansk region. Government forces near Rozsadky, Donetsk region, were attacked with small arms. Nina ceasefire violations were witnessed in the ATO area during the last day.
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels