Russian-backed militants must pull out weapons - ATO Press center
Despite the ceasefire, militants continue provocative attacks in conflict zone
"At the present time, according to our information, militants perform chaotic attacks on the temporarily occupied territory in attempt to blame the Ukrainian side. Once again, we emphasize that the Ukrainian army forces do not open fire, do not apply any type of weapons. We are strictly adhere to peace agreements and hope that so does the enemy, and the conflict will move into a phase of negotiation", stated the press officer of the ATO Staff Anatoliy Stelmakh.
Ukrainian military forces in the East of the country will begin withdrawal of arms of caliber less than 100 mm, as the instruction is given, he added.
"Now we prepare it, develop the plan of removing equipment, it will be gradual. All weapons and equipment are not to be withdrawn at the moment. There will be time frames, for which we'll take all of it. This process should begin from the opposite side, because they first have to start removal equipment, and just then we will include", said Stelmakh.
Also, Vladyslav Seleznev, speaker of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, announced that count of two days of the ceasefire had started yesterday, October 1, in midnight. So, the time reserved for cessation of fire is at 00:00 October 3.
Today, October 2, peace talks on Ukraine conflict are to be hold in Paris. Merkel, Holland, Poroshenko, and Putin will discuss ceasefire and pull out of weapons by both sides.
On September 29, tripartite contact group in Minsk signed the agreement on withdrawal of small-caliber weapons from the contact line with Russia-backed militants in Donbas. Later, Andriy Lysenko, President’s administration speaker on the ATO, announced the arms removal to start in Luhansk region.
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels