Militants step up activity in Donbas, 51 attacks reported, - ATO Press Centre
120-mm mortars were used near Zaitsevo
January 6, the situation in eastern Ukraine worsened as Russia-backed illegal armed units attacked positions of the government troops 51 times. Another 10 attacks were reported January 7, ATO Press Centre reported at Facebook.
Wednesday evening, pro-Kremlin mercenaries opened adjusted fire from automatic grenade launchers near Maryinka; small arms and under-barrel grenade launchers were used near Verhnyotoretske and Hranitne (all in Donetsk region).
Militants provoked Ukrainian troops to return fire in the vicinity of Horlivka. They fired from heavy machineguns, grenade launchers and small arms near Mayorsk, Zaitsevo and Novhorodske. Pisky and Opytne were fired at from small arms and grenade launchers.
Another 10 attacks took place after midnight. The vicinities of Donetsk airport, Novhorodske and Horlivka. Enemy 120 mm mortars, banned by Minsk agreements, were fired several times near Zaitsevo.
Previously, December 23, the full ceasefire should have come into force in Donbas, as was offered by negotiators of the Minsk trilateral contact group. Nonetheless, the enemy continues to ignore the deal and fires at Ukrainian positions.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars