Militants signed a decree on postponing their pseudo-elections
The elections in the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic are scheduled on the next year
The so-called head of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) Olexander Zakharchenko signed a decree to postpone the election in DPR. The elections were scheduled on October 18, and now they are planned to be conducted in 2016, as reported by the local media.
"We have made another step towards dialogue with Ukraine. At the suggestion of the Minsk process guarantors - France, Germany and Russia - we agreed to postpone local elections in “DPR” from October 18 until 2016. And the decree has been signed today," as stated in a message of Russian-backed militants.
October 6, they noted that the proposal of postponing the Donbas election until February 21, 2016 would be available on condition that the Kyiv fulfill the political demands of the Minsk deal. Namely, it is about granting Donbas with a special status, preventing the prosecution and punishment of persons in connection with the events that have taken place in some areas of Donetsk and Luhansk. And, of course, revoting for the Constitutional amendments, which would be previously agreed by the militants.
Regularly scheduled local elections in Ukraine will take place October 25, 2015; conducted a little over a year since the 2014 snap local elections, which were only held throughout parts of the country. 700 OSCE observers willcome to monitor Ukrainain elections.
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case