Militants shelled Ukrainian positions in Donetsk region
Ukrainian soldiers had not returned fire to follow the Minsk agreement
Armed provocation took place in eastern Ukraine despite the truce. Ukrainian positions near Shyrokyne, Donetsk region, faced shelling, as reported by ATO press center. Russian-backed militants also violated the ceasefire near Novotroitske, Donetsk region, attacking government troops with small arms. The overall situation remains calm in Donbas area. Ukrainian soldiers did not respond by firing not to violate the Minsk agreement.
Ukrainian Armed Forces have completed the first stage of weapons withdrawal. Under control of the OSCE observers, the government soldiers have taken back the 85mm arms for the 15 km distance from the contact line. These days OSCE to verify the armament.
As was reported by the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (SMM), "there had been a shelling incident involving casualties in “DPR”-controlled Vesele (9km north-west of Donetsk city center)… The SMM noted an impact from an undetermined projectile on the north-north-west facing wall of the first floor of the [nine-storey] building… The SMM observed blood and human remains around the impact area and a small bone fragment embedded in a nearby tree".
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels