Luhansk militants to withdraw tanks October 3
They are also preparing for taking back of small-caliber weapons
Luhansk People’s Republic (LPR) announced about withdrawal of tanks, which to take place October 3 at 10 AM, reports LuhanskInformCenter with the reference to the head of militants’ militia Ihor Yashchenko.
“The withdrawal of tanks is planned for tomorrow. "People's militia" is also preparing for the removal of weapons of caliber less than 100 mm,” he stated.
Previously the LPR militia chairman had stated that the equipment will be taken back to a distance of 15 km from the contact line. LPR is to withdraw the armaments from the contact line, which was as of September 19, 2014, while the Ukrainian side takes its arms away from the current contact line.
As was reported before, timing of the ceasefire in the eastern Ukraine, two days after which small-caliber weapons with less than 100mm, has started 00:00 October 1.
October 2, peace talks on Ukraine conflict are held in Paris. Merkel, Holland, Poroshenko, and Putin will discuss ceasefire and pull out of weapons by both sides.
On September 29, Trilateral contact group in Minsk signed the agreement on withdrawal of small-caliber weapons from the contact line with Russia-backed militants in Donbas. Later, ATO spokesperson Andriy Lysenko announced the arms removal to start in Luhansk region.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported 22 October, 22:01
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars