Militants land 56 attacks within 24 hours, - press center
Pro-Russian forces used prohibited 120 mm mortars near Donetsk and Horlivka
In the previous 24 hours militants fired at Ukrainian positions in Donbas 56 times, informs ATO press center.
“The situation was most tense near Horlivka and Donetsk”, - it is said in the report.
Russian-backed forces used various types of machine guns to fire at strongholds in Opytne, Avdiivka, Mariinka and a coalmine in Butovka. Militants also fired with mortars near Pisky.
Near Horlivka militants fired with grenade launchers, heavy machine guns and small arms, frequently resorting to mortars to shell Ukrainian forces.
Strongholds in Zaitsevo and Maiorske were shelled 6 times with 120 mm mortars, prohibited by Minsk deals.
Because of heavy shelling entry/exit point in Zaitsevo will be temporary closed on February 3.
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars