Militants keep blackmailing Ukraine on hostages release issue - Herashchenko
Russian-backed combatants also trying to artificially reduce the number of captives, the MP said
Militants trying to tie the release of hostages with the amnesty of militants, even though these are two different points of the Minsk agreements, the Presidential Envoy for a peaceful resolution of the conflict in Donbas, people's deputy from Petro Poroshenko Bloc Iryna Herashchenko stated via Facebook.
"So, militants publicly voiced those unacceptable positions, with which for several months they trying to blackmail Ukraine on the issue of the hostages. In fact, they publicly took responsibility for the failure of performance of the Minsk Agreement, linking two completely different points and issues. They are trying to link the release of our heroes with the amnesty of bandits.
In addition, Iryna Herashchenko claimed that militants trying to reduce the number of captives detained in order to “turn the issue of their release into an obscene bargaining”.
Ukraine's position, according to Herashchenko, remains immutable: the unconditional release of all hostages - an obligatory item Minsk Agreement – should have been implemented long time ago. Amnesty of militants might become possible after the return of the occupied Donbas under the sovereignty of Ukraine and disengagement of illegal armed groups out there.
"We will force in all possible ways, requiring to execute Minsk agreements with regard to release of hostages," the MP said.
According to the Security Service of Ukraine, 153 Ukrainian citizens still remain in captivity of militants of the so-called Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics.
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee