Militants in Donbas region refuse Kyiv's offer on 25 for 50 swap, - Gerashchenko
They want to exchange all for all
Donetsk People's Republic (DPR) refused to exchange 25 Ukrainians for 50 Russian militants and are ready to perform all for all swap. Ukraine’s spokeswoman in Trilateral Contact Group Iryna Gerashchenko wrote this on Facebook.
The militants informed OSCE about this via the letter.
They want to get 600 people whose location is unknown to the Ukrainian side.
"DPR writes that in response to the proposal of the Ukrainian side to release 25 hostages for 50 people, for offer to give them 8 mine clearance specialists, but they refuse. They want all for all exchange instead. They provide us a list of 600 people, half of whom simply do not exist. We do not know who it is and where these people are", Gerashchenko said.
She writes that DPR denies all other appeals and proposals of Kyiv.
Note that, according to the Minsk agreements, the exchange will take place precisely on the principle of "all for all" not later than the fifth day after the removal of all heavy weapons 50 km away.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case